Thursday, February 10, 2022 / by Barbara Oleska
Generally, your options are:
- Buy your next home without first selling your current home OR
- You find a home you like, then make an offer that is contingent on the sale of your current home (in this market, forget it!) OR
- You can sell your current home first, move into interim housing while you find the right new home to purchase (and rents are CRAZY high right now)
In the first scenario, you’ll need to have enough savings for a down payment, qualify for two mortgages simultaneously, and carry both mortgages for some period of time. This option isn’t ideal as it requires additional funds and is more costly, so most clients do not choose this option.
With the second option, your offer is less attractive to sellers as they’ll need to wait for you to sell your current residence before closing. Sellers will be looking for an offer that 1) is most likely to close and 2) will close sooner. This option isn’t ideal, as a contingent offer won’t be competitive.
With the third option, not only do you have to deal with the logistics of finding interim housing and moving twice, but you also have to deal with the financial burden. This is both inconvenient and expensive, so it’s far from ideal.
The great news is that I have an exclusive partnership that allows you to sell your home on your own timeline. This company gives you a guaranteed offer on your home, unlocking the equity in your home so that you can make a contingency-free offer on your next home! AND you don't forfeit profit when I sell your home for more than they paid! They will purchase your current home from you once you’ve found your new home and give you time to move. It's perfect!
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll work with so them can make an offer on your current home — and guarantee it. That’s the price they’ll pay you for your current home as soon as you’re ready to move into your new home.
- This will allow us to make a stronger offer on your new home. When we’ve found the home of your dreams, you’ll be ready to make an offer with no lending or home sale contingency. This means you’re more likely to close and can do so on your own timeline. This will also allow you to move on your schedule.
- Once your offer is accepted, everything comes together in days, not months. Your home is bought at the guaranteed price so you get the cash to close on your dream home and control when you move.
- The best part is that you get full market value when we sell your home. Once you’ve moved out and are in your new home, I’ll work with you to list your previous home. If your home sells for more than the price paid for it, they’ll give you the additional cash minus selling costs and program fees. So that means when I sell your home for more, YOU get the money! Buy your new home with today's prices and sell yours with tomorrow's!
If, yes, let's talk. Each situation has specifics unique to you. I even have a program that will allow you to offer CASH even if you are financing. (I'll share more about that next week.) As I'm sure you know, winning in multiple offer situations with financing or closing contingencies is challenging, and often you have to pay extra for the home.
I'm super excited about this program! I have spoken in depth with the director of the company and believe this offers an amazing solution to the buy/sell dilemma. If you, or anyone you know, could benefit from this program, please call me and I can explain it more in detail. 561-325-1535